The Love and Good Deeds Crier
Welcome to The Love and Good Deeds Crier. As our guest, you may view any of our topics located here. If you would like further participation, please register with us and log in. This will give you the opportunity to reply to posts, offer suggestions, post events, and interact with other members. Thank you for visiting our forum!
Welcome to The Love and Good Deeds Crier. As our guest, you may view any of our topics located here. If you would like further participation, please register with us and log in. This will give you the opportunity to reply to posts, offer suggestions, post events, and interact with other members. Thank you for visiting our forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeAbout UsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Before placing a post, please consider: Is this post edifying and encouraging to the growth of my fellow Christian brothers and sisters? Thank you!
Latest topics
» Muslim Seekers
Known by Their Fruit Clock10Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:14 am by Tink

» His by Another Name
Known by Their Fruit Clock10Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:07 am by Tink

» From Seekers to Jesus Followers
Known by Their Fruit Clock10Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:05 am by Tink

» God´s Unconventional Methods
Known by Their Fruit Clock10Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:07 am by Tink

» A Brief Overview of Islam Practice
Known by Their Fruit Clock10Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:13 am by Tink

» Known by Their Fruit
Known by Their Fruit Clock10Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:10 am by Tink

» God-Fearing Seekers
Known by Their Fruit Clock10Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:07 am by Tink

» A True Neighbor
Known by Their Fruit Clock10Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:09 am by Tink

» Proof of Salvation
Known by Their Fruit Clock10Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:08 am by Tink

Introduction
Known by Their Fruit Clock10Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:32 pm by Tink
After the 9/11 attacks and other recent terrorist threats, Americans, including Christians, have become increasingly fearful of the Islamic religion. As a result, there is heightened security at airports, war in Afghanistan, books about Islam, disagreements on the wisdom of having a Mosque near Ground Zero, and a pastor threatening to burn several Qur’ans. People are afraid to trust any Muslim …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 1
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of The Love and Good Deeds Crier on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of The Love and Good Deeds Crier on your social bookmarking website

Known by Their Fruit

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tink
Admin
Tink

Known by Their Fruit Empty
PostKnown by Their Fruit

Known by Their Fruit

Salvation comes only through faith in Jesus Christ (Acts 16:31, 20:21). But the proof of this salvation will be shown by what one does. When the expert in religious law asked Jesus how to be saved, he acknowledged it was through loving God and others—proof of a changed heart. Although priests and Levites were religious people, leaders among God’s chosen nation, and served God through their daily duties in the temple, Jesus did not commend them in his parable. Rather, their actions of ignoring the man in need condemned them. The priest and Levite in Jesus’ parable did not have transformed hearts.

Jesus often warned about untransformed lives. “Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. By their fruit you will recognize them…every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them” (Matthew 7:15-20). The priest and Levite may have seemed like sheep with all their religious activity, but they were really wolves. Again Jesus said, “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’ Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers’” (Matthew 7:21-23).

However, the Samaritan—whose religious beliefs most likely differed from the Jews’—was exemplified by Jesus in this story. Jesus applauded the Samaritan’s actions—an example of a transforming heart. Jesus said that the Samaritan felt pity for the beaten Jew and showed him mercy. He helped take care of him and heal him. These are the kind of people Jesus accepts as his own. “Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the Kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. For I was hungry, and you fed me. I was thirsty, and you gave me a drink. I was a stranger, and you invited me into your home. I was naked, and you gave me clothing. I was sick, and you cared for me. I was in prison, and you visited me” (in the context of Matthew 25:31-46).

Someone may perform all the right Christian duties, but if he hasn’t allowed Jesus to transform his heart, he may not be a true follower of Christ. Contrarily, God may be deeply at work in the heart of someone from a different religion—like Islam—whose actions show that transformation. He could be closer to salvation than the “Christian.” We need to evaluate our hearts. We need to observe our actions. Do we really live transformed lives due to the work of Jesus Christ within us? “Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed—not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence—continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose” (Philippians 2:12-13).
Back to top Go down
https://loveandgooddeeds.board-directory.net
Share this post on: reddit

Known by Their Fruit :: Comments

No Comment.

Known by Their Fruit

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Love and Good Deeds Crier :: Love Your Neighbor, Love Your Enemy, Love The Muslim :: Study 4: Example of The Good Samaritan :: For Further Ponderings: Known by Their Fruit-
Jump to: